Passport to paradise

The clocks have gone back, the weather is getting colder, and I'm sitting here dreaming of far flung places with endless sunshine and a bit of heat! The Maldives has been in the news a lot recently - partly because the country has kept corona virus rates low throughout the pandemic having made the decision to close its borders early. 


Of course, it helps that many of the 1,200 islands are isolated, and that's probably why the country has now made it onto the UK Foreign Office's safe list. That means travellers from the UK can now visit without invalidating their travel insurance. 


I went to this stunning country about ten years ago, and always promised I'd return. It was the perfect place to relax and get away from it all. The resort I stayed in, Veligandu, had a "no news, no shoes" policy, and I can assure you that wearing no shoes for two weeks helps with the relaxing experience!


The only thing you need as a visitor is to have a negative Covid-19 test before you travel, and if you feel comfortable travelling long distance in the current climate my suggestion would be to go for it. I couldn't think of a better place to recharge your batteries after what's been a very topsy turvy year for us all. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech