And the 'Oscar' goes to......

Those of you who know me well will be well aware of just how much I love Portugal. I've been holidaying in the country since I was a little girl, and am now lucky enough to have a little hideaway there. It came as no surprise to me that Portugal has been named Best European Destination for the third consecutive year at the World Travel Awards Europe - the travel equivalent of the Oscars. 


All in all, Portugal won an incredible 26 awards, with Lisbon being named the best city break destination, and the Algarve as Europe's Leading Beach Destination. So many people I meet have yet to visit the country and I have to say they're missing out! It's easy to get off the beaten track; avoid the tourist hotspots and find your own piece of paradise - even in the busier summer months. If it's not on your list, it should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech