Travel Lightbulb: Somewhere under the rainbow

I'm sure that readers of my blog from all over the world will recognise Eilean Donan Castle. The stunning castle was first inhabited around the 6th century, and the first fortified castle was built in the mid 13th century. Since then, after being partially destroyed in a Jacobite uprising, at least four different versions of the castle have been built and re-built. 


Sometimes as a photographer, you just get lucky....and that's what happened to me on a recent trip to the Scottish Highlands. I stopped to visit the castle, and before going in and starting my visit, the rain cleared, and a stunning rainbow emerged perfectly over the iconic landmark. Some say it's the most beautiful castle in Scotland, I say it looks even better with a rainbow over it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech