Travel Photo Friday: Train trends

Today's photo was inspired by a television series I watched recently, with British actor Julie Walters travelling round the UK by train, and it got me thinking about rail holidays. 'As seen on screen' travel is a growing trend, with film and television locations becoming holiday hotspots. 


In Scotland you can follow in the footsteps of Harry Potter on The Jacobite steam train, which crosses the 21-arched Glenfinnan viaduct made famous by the film. The 84 mile round trip from Fort William to Mallaig has been described as the greatest railway journey in the world. Who could resist that stunning scenery? Not me....it's now on my ever-growing list of destinations I'm determined to travel to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech