The perfect base in Rome - Hotel Abruzzi

On my recent trip to Rome, I wanted to be right in the middle of the action. A friend who is a regular visitor to the city suggested it was more economical to stay near the sights than on the outskirts simply because I'd spend the money I'd saved on cheaper accommodation on public transport. I have found a gem that I'm going to share with you - and before I tell you where it is - how about this for a room with a view?


As you may have guessed, Hotel Abruzzi is right opposite the fabulous Pantheon in the beautiful Piazza de la Rotunda. Despite the square being filled with tourists day and night, there is no problem with noise here. I'm a light sleeper, but never had a problem - the double glazing is superb!


The hotel has just 26 rooms which have all been recently renovated, and are decorated with images of ancient Rome. They're well appointed and come equipped with a hairdryer; tea and coffee making facilities, and free wifi. 


Breakfast is served at a little restaurant across the square and as well as the usual continental options, they also have eggs and bacon.....and the most amazing chocolate pastries - well....when in Rome! The staff were always very helpful, and to be honest, I can't recommend this fabulous little hotel highly enough. Top tip: visit the Pantheon every day....just because you can...visit before breakfast just as they're opening up...and be the first visitors of the day - superb! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech