Travel Photo Friday: The incredible Acropolis

Greece is a country I have only recently started discovering and I have to say it has blown me away on several occasions! The islands are stunning, Athens is crazy but fantastic, and the Acropolis.....wow. I visited in September when the temperatures were still high, but it didn't stop me enjoying my visit.


I took the shot above from one of the hills on the ancient site, and love how the green trees contrast with the creamy white of the acropolis. The marble can really start to hurt your eyes after a while, such is the reflection in the summer sun, so my top tip would be to go early, and try to beat the crowds. Also take your own water and food if you're going to be there over lunchtime - the stalls inside are expensive. It takes a good four hours to go round, but you could happily spend all day wandering around the site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech