Unexpected beauty in Isla Cristina

Have you ever stopped somewhere when you're driving, and been surprised at just how nice a place is when you don't have very high expectations of what you're going to see? That happened to me when I decided to stop for lunch in Isla Cristina, which is situated in the province of Huelva. 


It is one of the most important fishing ports in the province, and is also a popular summer holiday resort, and I loved it! I had a wander down by the port and the small beaches, which were packed with Spaniards on their holidays, but it was the town itself that I found beautiful. 


It was the height of summer, and the intense midday sun was beating down, so I decided to wander through the little winding streets walking from side to side to grab a bit of shade! The good thing was that everyone else seemed to be having a siesta, so the streets were deserted!


I came across beautiful buildings, and even the doors were stunning, and I couldn't resist taking my camera out to get some shots. 


It just goes to show that it's well worth getting off the beaten track, and discovering places that you've never heard of before. You never know what you may find!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Awesome Alentejo