A little bit of Mexico in New York City

Mexican food is a real love of mine, and on a trip to New York a friend recommended I try Rosa Mexicano (which means Mexican pink). There are several of these restaurants in New York alone, and others throughout the USA, and the branch I visited (on 1st Ave) was beautiful.


The first Rosa Mexicano opened in New York in 1984, and was applauded by New York Magazine for introducing New Yorkers to an "unfamiliar, elevated version of Mexican cuisine". 


It's always a good sign when you hear Spanish being spoken in a Mexican restaurant, and I have to say this is the most authentic Mexican food I've ever tasted - it really is exceptional. The fajitas were simply stunning, but the highlight of my lunch was the guacamole, which is a speciality - and when you've tasted it, you'll know why! The lovely thing is that they prepare it by the table, and you can decide exactly how you want it to taste as they're making it.  


I've been trying to replicate it ever since I went, but I think the only way I'll taste guacamole like it is to go back to Rosa Mexicano! I'd highly recommend that you make a reservation, as the place is usually packed. If you'd like more information on any of the Rosa Mexicano restaurants, then click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech