A Robinson Crusoe style lunch in Tobago

Sometimes the best meals aren't necessarily enjoyed at the swankiest restaurants or most exclusive places. In Tobago, I had a fabulous lunch that was simple but just perfect at the beach bar of the Blue Haven Hotel. 


The hotel overlooks Bacolet Bay, on the Atlantic coast of the island, and is said to be the site where Robinson Crusoe was stranded in 1659.  In the middle of the bay is the small beach bar, and I enjoyed a delicious fruit punch while enjoying the views when I arrived at the beach. It was fantastic to see the barman had also poured a fruit punch for the birds to enjoy - great to watch all different coloured birds fluttering around while I enjoyed my drink.


I had a few hours on the beach sunbathing, snorkelling and swimming before going back up for lunch. The menu is full of simple but delicious treats such as lovely salads and sandwiches. I opted for the club sandwich, and it is one of the best I have ever tasted. The side salad had a beautiful dressing on it, and the sandwich was jam packed with fillings - yum yum!


The staff at the beach bar were fantastic when we visited. They not only made us feel welcome, but the service was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble - and it's no surprise that this place is called the "No Problem" beach bar!


If you want more information about the beach, have a look at the My Tobago website - a great resource for anyone visiting the island.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech