Travel Photo Friday - 2012 Olympic Special 3

It's quite fitting that my Olympics special 'Travel Photo Friday' feature ends with a cycling theme since that's how these straw sculptures were discovered in the first place (if you haven't read the story click here). British cyclists have been stealing the headlines for some time now with Chris Hoy; Mark Cavendish and Bradley Wiggins all impressing over the last ten years or so.


I loved the fact that the straw cyclist looks like he's having to dig in just to keep going. However when I first discovered this one, I didn't realise what would be round the corner.......


............yes, I think he took a wrong turn, and ended up in a hay bale! I hope you've enjoyed my Olympic themed photos over the last three weeks - I certainly love them, and it's great that so much effort went into making them - I'm sure they've been stopping traffic for weeks. Back to normal next week with another great travel photo, and if you want to contribute, just send your photo and a short paragraph about where it was taken to the email address on my contact page. Enjoy the last few days of the 2012 Olympic games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech