Travel Photo Friday - 2012 Olympic Special 2

If you dropped by my blog last Friday, you'll be well aware that for the duration of the London 2012 Olympic games, my Travel Photo Friday will take on a bit of a new look - two photos and an Olympic theme! For the story behind the photos click here to read last week's post. If you already know the background of how I came across these straw sculptures, read on!


One of my favourite straw people was the one of Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt in the photo above. I had the pleasure of meeting the man himself a couple of years ago, and he was a giant!


I loved this swimmer hanging onto the railings, looking as though she's about to dive into a pool! I have to say though, I've saved the best til last.....check in again next Friday to see the final two photos - very amusing they are too! 

If you have an unusual photo, or simply a beautiful travel pic you'd like to see featured on Travel Lightbulb, then please send it to me at travellightbulb@hotmail.co.uk. Please include your name, and tell me where, and when the photo was taken. All contributions are welcome! Have a great weekend wherever you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is not a dress rehearsal

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Awesome Alentejo