What ingredients give a great holiday the X factor?

I can hardly believe it's already a month since my last Monday travel ramblings, but time clearly flies when you're having fun! I certainly had a lot of that having spent most of the month discovering the fantastic island of Tobago. While I was away I was thinking about writing this post, and a question popped into my head - what makes a truly memorable holiday?


Personally, the weather plays a huge part for me. Living in the UK, I'm so used to grey skies at this time of year that seeing the bright blue sky has a big influence on the way I feel. Destination is also key, experiencing a new place can be exciting but there's also something lovely about returning to a place you've been before and feeling at home.


I don't always stay in hotels when I travel (as you may have gathered by the unique places I feature on this blog!) but a great host can also be the difference between a good holiday, and a memorable one. If you are travelling with kids, then a family friendly destination is obviously going to make a trip more enjoyable and stress free. If you're travelling as a couple, then escaping the crowds may be the key ingredient.


In my opinion a great holiday doesn't have to be expensive; it doesn't have to be in a certain place, but I believe that your destination, and travel companions are the most important thing - after all, our travels are only what we make them. Those are my views, but I'd love to hear yours! Leave your comments below, or on twitter or facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech