Travel Photo Friday - Cies Islands

Today's photo comes courtesy of Cathy Shanks who moved to Spain to teach English almost six years ago. Here's the story behind the photo...

This sunset was taken looking at the Cies islands from Samil beach in Vigo, Spain. The three islands are just 45 minutes off the coast of Vigo, and I'm lucky to have such a beautiful and unspoilt place on my doorstep! They were declared a nature reserve in 1980, and are included in the Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park.


What a stunning photo Cathy - I'm ashamed to say I had never heard of these islands, so time to do some research. It sounds like it is somewhere that should be featured on my blog in the future - watch this space!

If you'd like to share you're own photo with me on Travel Lightbulb, then send your pic, and a short paragraph about where it was taken to the email address on my contact page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech