Friday's Lightbulb: Fairytale castle in Scotland

Today I'm featuring one of the most iconic places in Scotland and one of the most visited attractions in the Scottish Highlands. Eilean Donan castle is on an island surrounded by majestic scenery, and I'm sure most of you have seen it before. So why would I feature it on my blog, which is all about going off the beaten track?


Well I decided to feature it, because you may not know about the possibility of staying in this stunning location. Not in the castle itself, but in Eilean Donan Cottage or Eilean Donan Apartments. Can you imagine waking up, and seeing this view first thing in the morning - simply stunning! If you want more information, click here. A very big thanks to Fiona Ritchie for the photo - what a great dramatic shot of one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech