Summer reflections

As regular readers of my blog will know, I took a big leap this year and decided to take nine weeks off this summer. After recharging the batteries in Barbados for a couple of weeks; I spent the remainder of my time off in Portugal, one of my favourite countries in the world.


I spent the majority of time in the Western Algarve (away from the main tourist haunts!), but also took a trip to the Alentejo region, which lies just above the Algarve. The laid back way of life in Portugal, makes it the ideal place to relax and unwind, and I can easily see myself living in the country in years to come.


If I won the lottery, I know I would spend my time travelling. I am lucky enough to have my health and fitness, and there are too many places in the world that I'd love to see, and have the money to really enjoy. It always amazes me when people say they're glad to be home after a holiday, or would get bored with constant travel. I'm never sure whether these people are just genuinely content with where they live, or lack the imagination to discover what our beautiful world has to offer. Alternatively, perhaps I'm the unusual one who suffers with itchy feet - remember, we travel not to escape life, but so life doesn't escape us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The undisputed King of Chicken Piri Piri!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

A peaceful oasis in Marrakech